Thursday, February 11, 2010

Click

I hate when I lose things. It seems to take me hours and hours to find something once it's gone. I'd been looking for this for months though and it was getting out of hand. It wasn't that I missed it all the time. But periodically, it would occur to me that I didn't know where it was. Sometimes, just before I woke up, I would dream I had it. I even asked people if they knew where it was. Not everyone, but people that knew me might at least have some idea where it had gone. A few very good friends had a pretty good idea, one even suggested exactly where it might be. And I followed their suggestion but still, no luck.

Then last weekend I cleaned my apartment hoping it would turn up. I was amazed at how complicated I had let my life become. How cluttered with the unnecessary. I decided to be brutal. Three piles .. trash, recycle, donate. Slowly but surely I began to uncover it. Suddenly, I knew when and where I had lost it. One final place to clean and it would be mine once again.

~sigh

1 comment: